Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Slow and Steady

I wanted to give a little update on one of my new years resolutions
to eat a healthier, more natural, and less processed diet.
Eating organic is nice, but its not a huge concern for me right now.

I knew it wasn't realistic at this point for us to do
a complete 180 on our diet,
But my goal instead was to make simple baby steps in the right direction.

..and that I feel we have achieved
and we are on the right track.

- We now eat WAY more whole and multi grains.
- I try to make more homemade meals.
 -I started prepping and freezing meals,
so I always have a healthier options to cook
or place in my beloved slow-cooker.
- We now eat a salad almost every night with dinner
- More fruits and veggies

Don't get me wrong, we still enjoy sweets here and there,
or have good ol' comfort food
(I am from Minnesota after all, haha)

But I feel better overall of what I eat and what I feed my family.
Plus, losing that baby weight doesn't hurt either :)


No comments:

Post a Comment