Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Blessings

What is it about watching a baby sleep,
that makes you reflect on your life?

I sit here awake in my living room,
with nothing but the sound of my daughter sleeping
in her bouncy chair next to me. 

Her face reflects her innocence
and with one glance,
I am reminded how blessed I am
to be a mom..

..to be her mom..

My life is no longer about me.
It's not about my wants,
or my needs.

My life is now about my daughters.
and know what?
I wouldn't have it any other way.

I feel so blessed
to be able to hold their hands
and help guide them
to whom they will become.

God has given me
the greatest gift

.. and for that I am truly thankful..

My girls will grow up
so fast.

 I may lose countless hours of sleep.

But when I look over at her,
 she is sound asleep and dreaming.
I know that it is worth it.

These are the little moments
I will cherish forever.















No comments:

Post a Comment